Simple Chicken Vegetable Curry (with Greek yogurt)
1 sweet onion, chopped coarsely
1 zucchini, chopped into bite size pieces
1 large potato, cubed
½ head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 poblano AND 1 Green or red sweet peppers, chopped into bite size pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 carrots, chopped into bite size pieces
1 pound chicken, precooked
1 jar strained tomatoes OR 1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 cup low fat greek yogurt
½ cup water (up to 1 cup, if needed)
4 tbsp. curry powder, store bought or homemade
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 cup chopped parsley
1. Heat pan, and add one Tbsp canola oil, then add the peppers, carrots, onion, and garlic to the pan. Saute until slightly softened and onions are slightly browned. Add the curry powder, and allow it to cook until fragrant (a couple of minutes).
2. Next, add the zucchini and squash to the pan and stir around until mixed in with the browned veggies.
3. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the strained tomatoes, yogurt, curry powder, water and salt and stir to combine. Add the pre-cooked chicken, stir until well blended together. Cover with a lid and bring curry to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat to low.
5. Let curry simmer until all of the veggies are done, approx. 15 minutes. Add the cilantro and parsley in about the last 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and taste for salt. Add more if needed. Serve alone, or over your choice of rice or quinoa if you do grains.